Friday, August 7, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
So here it goes!!!
8 TV Shows or movies that I watch regularly:
- One Tree Hill (I know…still a teenager at heart)
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Private Practice
- American Idol (when it is on)
- Jon & Kate Plus 8 (with my girls who love it)
- The Big Bang Theory
- How I Met Your Mother
8 Things that happened yesterday
- I managed to get the girls to chorus on time
- It was payday!
- I received Happy Mail from my DSS Big Sis
- Oldest DD received letter from Grandma
- The 3 year old I watch had two potty accidents!
- Her dad was here early to pick her up!! Yeah
- Got a free pretzel from Aunt Annie’s
- SU! Shipment arrived!
8 Favorite Places to Eat
- My Cousin Maria’s when my Aunt Mary is visiting
- Outback Steakhouse
- BD Mongolian BBQ
- Friaco’s Mexican Cantina
- Puleos Grill while in Knoxville, TN
- Dean’s Grill (local place that has awesome breakfast)
- Cheesecake Factory
- Clara’s Italian Kitchen (local)
8 Things I am Looking Forward To
- Friday, the 6th…going to Nuthouse (all night of stampin)
- End of February when my parents close on their new house
- Spring Break in April so I can take my kids to see their grandparents
- SPRING…tired of the snow
- Our family vacation to Orlando…look out Mickey Mouse (June)
- Family reunion in Tennessee over 4th of July weekend
- SU! Sell-a-bration over the next two months!
- Enjoying my pool with my kids over the summer!
8 Things on my Wish List
- Big Shot
- Bubble Bath
- Clinique Happy
- Rachael Ray’s Big Orange Cookbook
- New stamps
- A desk/office chair
- Hardwood Floors
- Peace and happiness for everyone around me
8 People Tag
- Kim P. aka the other Kim
Hey Stampers! I was able to create a few cards on Monday…just now posting them. One was a sympathy card for a customer of mine who lost her mother a few weeks ago. It didn’t turn out the way I wanted…but I wanted her to know that I was thinking of her!
I made this card using Echoes of Kindness and the same technique as the painted black card below.
The second post is from the Demo Challenge section of SCS. I would paste the link, but you have to be SU! Demo to get in there. Sorry! Anyway, it was from the Wicked Monthly Challenge that normally has a sketch challenge, color challenge, and a technique challenge. I used Just Buzzin’ By with the color challenge…to use Baja Breeze, Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral. That combo was tough! But some how I pulled it off. I hate to use to many extra colors with the color challenges so I just used Whisper White and Basic Black for my neutrals.
I hope you enjoy them. Until the next time, happy stampin’!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Basically the challenge was to use black as the main background to allow the images and colors to pop more. Well, I racked my brain for two days trying to decide which set and layout I wanted to use. So yesterday morning, I received a tutorial email from Michelle (here is the link to her blog) http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/. She inspired me to use this new Just Buzzin’ By set and to try a new technique as well.
The card didn’t turn out as well as I liked. There are too many lines from my brayer, but I thought I did pretty well for the first time. I also used Whisper White instead of glossy paper. I think if I had used the glossy stuff, I might have been better off. I will try that next time.
Stamps: Stampin’ Up!© Just Buzzin’ By and Echoes of Kindness
Paper: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White
Inks: Versa Mark, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder, Versa Mark Pen, Brayer, Sponges, Stampin’ Up!© Markers: So Saffron, More Mustard, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Always Artichoke, Close to Coca, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun
Techniques: Brayer and Heat Embossing
Learning from Michelle, I dipped my stamps into versa mark then the basic black ink. Added clear embossing powder and heat set. Then I colored in all of my images. To make it so the additional colors don’t stick to the images, color the areas with versa mark pen (you need to clean it like you do with blender pens when switching colors) and heat set with clear embossing powder. After all of the images are embossed, I used the brayer in Bashful Blue at the top. Then I used it in Tempting Turquoise at the very top. Added certainly celery at the bottom the bottom to give the image some grass. Then I used a very important tool to remove excess ink…paper towel! I have learned that I need to add paper towels to the stamp cabinet. LOL I layered the card and Viola…it is finished.
What do you think? TFL!